Medical Laboratory Scientist (Reference: 022/ML/B1)
Job Title: Medical Laboratory Scientist
Job type: Full time
Application Deadline: 25 July 2022
The Medical Laboratory Scientist will be responsible for supervising and managing all aspects of medical laboratory service provision. The position is primarily responsible for building and sustaining systems, processes and protocols for the complete medical laboratory management of different specimen types. The position will provide leadership and management to all aspects of the laboratory service delivery for all individual and corporate clients while also working closely with the customer care officer, the business development unit and all other members of the team.
- Responsible for setting up and strengthening established quality control/quality assurance program in the lab
- Responsible for handling, logging and processing of all laboratory specimen
- Ensure that all specimens are processed and result completed with the shortest possible turnaround time
- Responsible for storage of processed specimen for future verification
- Ensures that all samples are captured in the sample logbook and all results are clearly stated in the reporting template and appropriate comment made by the resident doctor.
- Verification and approval of all out going results
- Responsible for monthly or periodic restocking of supplies and commodities
- Responsible for monthly or periodic maintenance/recalibration of equipment and instruments
- Responsible for the maintenance of all laboratory logs and records. These include but are not limited to: Issue logs, maintenance logs, expiry logs, stock cards etc
- Responsible for performance appraisal of all other staff under the laboratory services department
- Responsible for making technical presentations or representation of the laboratory at different fora
- Provide leadership and management to other staff under the laboratory service unit
- Ensures a high sense of professionalism in service delivery
- Maintains a healthy, safe and friendly environment in the lab and everywhere necessary
- Any other assignment as directed by the Medical Director
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in medical laboratory science
- Must have at least 2 – 5 years post NYSC experience
- A valid practicing license from the Medical Laboratory Science Council
- Must be exceptionally computer literate
- Must have good soft skills including but not limited to ability to work with little or no supervision, Teamwork, Leadership, Initiative, resourcefulness, adaptability, decisiveness, interpersonal skills, written/oral communication
- Must be trainable and provide evidence of progressive professional improvement
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send electronic copies of the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A cover letter of not more than two pages in PDF format stating why they suited for this position. Applicants must, at a minimum, address the minimum requirements for this position as stated above in their cover letter
- A current curriculum vitae
- Certificate of First Degree
- Certificate of Second Degree if applicable
- NYSC discharge certificate
- Only short-listed candidates will be notified
- Applications with insufficient information to make a determination will not be considered
- Any/All application submissions after the closing date will not be considered
- No in-person appointments or telephone calls will be entertained.
Business Development Officer, (Reference: 022/BS/B1)
LAB360 is a world-class Medical Laboratory providing quality pathology services in Nigeria and offering clients a wide range of regular and rare in-house laboratory tests required for diagnosis and treatment of medical ailments with same day turnaround time. LAB360 provides comprehensive, multidisciplinary pathology services ranging from haematology, special coagulation, clinical chemistry, endocrinology, virology, immunology and basic microbiology with services and product lines meeting requirements for modern-day laboratory procedures and real-time healthcare demands.
In support of this work, LAB360 seeks a Business Development Officer to generate sales and institutional client relationships for the Medical Laboratory.
This role will build upon its over 2-year operations in the Abuja. With increased public awareness around the role of medical testing systems for organizations, health facilities and individuals, this is an exciting time to step into a growing organization and help deliver critical capacity towards sales generation for the Medical Laboratory.
We are looking for an individual who is highly motivated, results-driven, passionate about community and health innovations, in addition to having the professionalism and experience to succeed in a demanding role that is critical to the success of the organization. The ideal candidate is comfortable working outside the office environment, cold calling, and scheduling meetings or presentations at potential client’s offices, while communicating the value of local and regional Medical Laboratory services. We seek someone with a dynamic personality who is passionate about sales and marketing, interested in learning new sales techniques, and committed to building the case for a more sustainable system.
The Business Development Officer will work primarily in Abuja and its environs.
- Drive sales revenue. Establish, develop, and foster quality relationships with potential anchor institutions and community organizations across Abuja.
- Provide key account management to high volume, mission-aligned buyers.
- Educate and advise potential customers on the benefits of Medical Laboratory testing and health awareness in general, corporate sustainability targets, and a benefit to communities, workplaces and health facilities.
- Network with current customers, groups, and institutional partners to identify new potential customers; schedule appointments and diligently follow up.
- Ensure proactive approach to maintain positive customer relations through ongoing communication, defining expectations, and working collaboratively with the Medical Lab Scientist to find solutions to customers’ needs.
- Coordinate with office management to resolve customer problems and ensure high quality customer experience.
- Track outreach and other metrics; collect data about customer preferences.
- Regularly evaluate and make suggestions about how we can adapt to ensure a better customer experience and increase our impact on consumers and producers alike.
Skills & Experience
- 3-5 years of relationship management or sales/development experience within the health or institutional sectors with HND or BSc degree.
- Knowledge of health innovation, business development and medical laboratory services
- Understanding of public and private procurement processes and the leverage points to drive change
- Experience working within diverse communities and/or demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Ability to work collaboratively across teams
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Excellent technical capabilities: Microsoft Office skills (PowerPoint and Excel) and ability to learn new technology quickly
- Salary commensurate with experience
To apply Send a cover letter addressing the job requirment and a copy of your CV to email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Applicants will only be contacted if shortlisted for interview.